Recipe: Avocado Egg Salad Toasts
This delicious recipe combines two of our favorite things: avocado toast and egg salad! It’s easy to make and seriously good for you too with protein, healthy fat (making you feel satisfied!), fiber, potassium, vitamin E, B-vitamins, and folic acid. It’s a healthy recipe makeover you’ll want to make over and over again, and since it’s fitting for breakfast, lunch and dinner, there’s really no reason not to.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Handful cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup mixed salad greens
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, avocado, yogurt, salt and pepper. Mash together with a fork.
- Toss in cherry tomatoes.
- Divide greens in a single layer among 2 slices of toast. Top with egg and avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 toast
Protein: 14 gram(s)
Fat: 22 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 22 gram(s)
Fiber: 8 gram(s)
Sugar: 5 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U