Recipe: Bacon Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
These one bite tomatoes are stuffed with a creamy bacon filling that is made from turkey bacon. Everyone loves a classic BLT sandwich and this veggie savory recipe is like a little bite of a creamy BLT! This makes a perfect party appetizer or a snack for munchin! Plus it’s low-carb and full of flavor!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- Place turkey bacon is a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until thoroughly browned on both sides. Transfer browned bacon to a cutting board and let cool before finely dicing.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, turkey bacon, green onions.red bell pepper, Dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper, and fold all together to create the bacon filling.
- Slice tops off cherry tomatoes and use a melon baller or grapefruit spoon to scoop out the seeds and membranes of each.
- Fill each tomato with an equal amount of the bacon filling and serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 1 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 8 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U