Recipe: Homemade Banana Chia Popsicles
There’s nothing quite like a frozen popsicle on a hot summer day. These homemade popsicles are made with yogurt and whole milk for a deliciously creamy popsicle and the most delightful banana flavor. Plus, chia seeds offer an added nutrition boost offering antioxidants, omega-3s and fiber. Serve them up to kids and adults alike for a fun summer treat!
Total Time:10 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 container vanilla yogurt (we use Siggi's)
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- For Topping
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Combine whole milk and chia seeds in a small bowl. Stir and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes until set.
- Mash bananas and combine with yogurt, maple syrup and set chia seed mix.
- Pour into 6 popsicle molds and freeze for 3+ hours until frozen.
- Once popsicles are completely frozen, pull out of molds and drizzle with melted dark chocolate and pistachio pieces.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 popsicle
Protein: 6 gram(s)
Fat: 10 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 29 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
Sugar: 19 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U