Recipe: Beet, Arugula & Quinoa Salad with Citrus Dressing
This beet, arugula and quinoa salad with a citrus dressing is so flavor-packed and nutritious to boot.
This salad makes for a great side dish for dinner or weekday lunch and is super easy to whip together. Make a batch of quinoa ahead and roast beets on the weekend (or buy them pre-cooked from Love Beets) for a quick, easy, healthy and filling salad.
Total Time:60 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 beets, cleaned and washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sprinkle of salt
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 large orange, segmented
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup cup olive oil
- 1/4 orange, juiced
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place scrubbed beets on a foil lined baking sheet and season with salt and olive oil. Cover with an additional piece of foil and crimp the edges. Bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- When beets are cooked and cool enough to handle, quarter the beets and cut each quarter into bite size wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, arugula, beets and red onion.
- Cut 1 large orange into 4 parts and reserve 1 quarter for dressing. Pull apart remaining 3/4 orange into bite-size segments and add to salad bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients with juice from reserved orange and toss over salad.
- Top with candied pecans.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 6 gram(s)
Fat: 24 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 33 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
Sugar: 11 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U