Recipe: Beet Salad with Cucumber, Mint, & Feta
If you have tried beets before and they are just not your thing, give this recipe a shot! These spiralized roasted beets are the perfect addition to fresh cucumber, mint, and Feta cheese in this simple salad. The beets in this Beet, cucumber, mint, & Feta salad are a beautiful garnet color and also add a hot pink hue to the cucumbers so this recipe is delicious and beautiful to serve. This salad tastes fresh and hearty! I use candies walnut pieces for extra protein and crunch along Brianna’s brand Blush Wine Vinaigrette on this salad, but any vinaigrette you have will do.
Total Time:30 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 4 beets peeled
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cucumbers peeled
- 10 mint leaves diced
- 2 tbsp Feta cheese crumbled
- 8 candied or spiced walnut pieces ( you can find these in the baking or imported cheese section of your grocery store, or make your own recipe)
- 4 tbsp Vinaigrette of your choice I use Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette but any will work
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spiralize 4 beets using the #2 chipper blade to make large c shape rings. Coat the beets with salt, pepper, and olive oil, and bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes until beets are cooked yet firm then let cool by placing in a bowl and sticking in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- While beets are cooking prep other ingredients and spiralize the 3 cucumbers with the same #2 chipper blade.
- Once beets have cooled combine spiralized beets, cucumber, diced mint, and vinaigrette in a bowl and mix. Plate onto two plates and add 1 tbsp Feta cheese on each along with candied or spiced walnuts.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 servings
439 calories, 19 grams of fat, 10 grams protein, 31 carbs, 9 grams fiber
*I use the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U