Recipe: Blueberry Walnut Protein Pancakes
Breakfast Recipes, Pre + Post Workout Recipes
This page may contain affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, Get Healthy U may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
These protein pancakes are perfect post-workout but so delicious you’ll want to make them all the time. And with 18 grams of protein per two pancakes and 8 grams of fiber, there’s no reason why you can’t. Our protein pancakes are naturally sweetened with banana and blueberries and get their protein punch from protein powder, walnuts and eggs. Plus, they could not be simpler to make – just throw all the ingredients in your blender and you’ve got the perfectly smooth pancake batter in no time. And they’re made without any flour and are dairy free!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 banana, ripe
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup blueberries, divided
- 1/3 walnuts, roughly chopped
- For serving
- Additional blueberries
- Additional walnuts
- Maple syrup
- Place all ingredients in blender reserving 1/2 cup of blueberries and all of the walnuts. Blend until smooth.
- Spray griddle with nonstick spray (we like coconut oil) and turn heat to medium.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter onto griddle. Sprinkle with a few blueberries and walnuts on each pancake. Once edges start to bubble, flip over and cook an additional minute until done. Repeat with remaining batter, blueberries and walnuts.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Protein: 18 gram(s)
Fat: 13 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 41 gram(s)
Fiber: 8 gram(s)
Sugar: 8 gram(s)
This recipe makes about 8 pancakes.
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Sonya on February 17, 2021 at 10:01 PM
Sounds great, can you freeze or refrigerate for later.
Chris Freytag on March 16, 2021 at 12:52 PM
Hi Sonya - Absolutely :) You most certainly can freeze for later, this is a great idea and something that I used to do when I made them for my kids.