Recipe: Blueberry and Zucchini Bars
These delicious blueberry and zucchini breakfast bars are not only packed with antioxidant-rich blueberries, but also nutritious zucchini that bulks them up without adding any unusual flavor. Everyone loves fresh baked blueberry bread and the zucchini keeps this recipe moist! This bread makes the perfect weekend brunch dish to share!
Total Time: 65 minutes
Yield: 24 serving(s)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 9x9 inch baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray. You may also use silicone muffin, brownie, bar, or mini loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg white, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and sugar.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, wheat flour, salt, baking powder, baking, soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until all is combined and a batter is formed.
- Gently fold zucchini and blueberries into the batter and then divide equally between the two greased baking dishes.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes before cutting each dish into 12 bars. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 bar
Protein: 3 gram(s)
Fat: 1 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 33 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U