Recipe: Cauliflower Cilantro “Rice”
Okay guys, this is my ultimate new staple food! The cauliflower mimics the look and feel of real rice, while staying low carb and low cal. Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs, and it’s loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. This “rice” is the perfect base for any mexican style burrito bowl, as a simple side dish, or even an afternoon snack. I made it last night, and my whole family was begging for more!
Seriously, it’s that easy! You can keep it in the fridge in an airtight container for about a week. Plus it’s vegan and gluten free. I love everything about it!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- One medium head cauliflower
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- Juice from lime
- Sprinkle of garlic powder (about 1/8 teaspoon)
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and place it in a food processor. The trick is to not over-process the cauliflower because you want it to maintain a solid texture and not a puree.
- Sautee 1.5 tbsp coconut oil in a large pan with salt and pepper. Add in the processed cauliflower and sauté until it starts to brown slightly (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro, lime, and garlic powder. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 3 gram(s)
Fat: 5 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 8 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)