Recipe: Cauliflower Potatoes Au Gratin
Au Gratin Potatoes are a popular comfort food, but we wanted to make a healthier version we could serve without so many calories and fat. Thus, cauliflower potatoes au gratin. Adding cauliflower and cutting down on the heavy cream, we’ve lightened this dish up to be a delicious and less guilt-inducing recipes. Serve this side dish for Easter or family dinner; we know everyone will love it.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3 small gold potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs, chopped
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine sliced potatoes and cauliflower florets in a 2.5 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix together cream, milk, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Pour over potatoes and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Combine parmesan and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over top of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle butter cubes on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
Protein: 9 gram(s)
Fat: 13 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 26 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
Sugar: 5 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U