Recipe: Quick & Easy Chicken, Bean & Rice Burrito with Avocado Lime Spread
This Chicken, Bean and Rice Burrito recipe is the very definition of quick and easy thanks to a few simple shortcuts. We use leftover shredded chicken as well as Trader Joe’s frozen pre-cooked brown rice packets that we can pop in the microwave for a few minutes and have ready. Then you simply mix everything in a bowl, put into tortillas, roll and grill on a skillet to seal (just make sure the rice and chicken are decently warm since they don’t take too long on the stove and you don’t want your filling to be cold!).
We love serving these burritos with our avocado lime spread but salsa is equally delicious. Even a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt would work! These burritos are kid-friendly too and make a perfect lunch to send with the kids or the hubby to work. Plus, they’re freezer friendly meaning you can totally make them ahead, wrap individually and then take out as needed! And at just over 300 calories per burrito and 13 grams of protein, it’s a great recipe you can feel good about eating that will actually fill you up thanks to the beans and rice. We got about 10 burritos (8-inches) out of this mix but it will depend on how much your fill them and what size burritos you’re using!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 serving(s)
- 2 chicken breasts, fully cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, warmed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mexican spice blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For the Avocado Lime Dip
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- Add warmed chicken and rice to a bowl along with beans, cheese, cilantro and spices and toss together.
- Spoon mix into each tortilla and fold together.
- Heat olive oil on griddle and place tortillas seam side down on pan to seal. Flip over once browned to your liked and heated.
- Transfer to a 175 degree oven to keep warm if working in batches.
- If freezing, allow to cool, wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in ziplob bag in freezer.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 burrito
Protein: 13 gram(s)
Fat: 11 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 40 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
Sugar: 1 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U