Recipe: Chili Lime Chicken with Cilantro Strawberry Salsa
Weeknight dinners can be a challenge. But this grilled chili lime chicken recipe makes everything easier. It’s super simple to make plus it’s topped with cilantro strawberry salsa for the perfect combination of sweet and smoky. We use skin-on chicken thighs which stay moist on the inside yet get crispy on the outside. Plus, we sneak some jalapeños into our salsa for a spicy kick, but you can totally skip it if they’re not your thing (and truthfully, with the lime juice, it’s really not too spicy).
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Zest of 1 lime
- For the Cilantro Strawberry Salsa
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, then minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine the chopped strawberries, cilantro, jalapeños and lime juice together in a bowl. Refrigerate while you work on the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices and lime zest. Coat the tops and bottoms of chicken thighs with seasoning blend.
- Fire up the grill and cook chicken 5 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 165.
- Remove from grill, let rest and top with strawberry salsa.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
Protein: 27 gram(s)
Fat: 10 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 41 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 3 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U