Recipe: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Peanut Butter Drizzle
Chocolate chips meet banana bread meet peanut butter in this delicious recipe. Made with whole wheat flour and maple syrup, this healthier version is just as yummy but not nearly as packed full of sugar or calories as many other versions. If you love bananas, chocolate and/or peanut butter, you’re going to want to try this spectacular combo. Makes for a delightful breakfast or snack!
*White whole wheat flour is milled from whole white wheat rather than “red” wheat, which makes it lighter in color and less dense/bitter in flavor. Yet it’s got the same nutritional value of regular whole wheat flour, which we love!
Total Time:55 minutes
Yield: 10 serving(s)
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 2 ripe bananas (the riper the banana, the sweeter it will be!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (we like using almond milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 1 handful
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a loaf pan with 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas, eggs, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, yogurt, vanilla, almond milk and maple syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine whole wheat flour through salt.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined. Add in half cup chocolate chips.
- Add to loaf pan and sprinkle with a handful of chocolate chips over top.
- Making sure peanut butter is warm/liquid enough to drizzle, use a knife or spoon to dribble across the top in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 slice
Protein: 5 gram(s)
Fat: 10 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 36 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
Sugar: 16 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U