Recipe: Cheesecake Squares
I love cheesecake! This is a a guilt free way to satisfy your cheesecake craving. You can whip up this skinny cheesecake recipe for your next family dinner or party and I guarantee everyone will love it! This light cheesecake recipe requires simple ingredients that provide a ton of flavor without the high-calorie bulge. You may have your (cheese)cake and eat it too!
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 12 serving(s)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) packages of fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries for additional topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 baking dish
- In mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, chopped pecans, and melted butter, and then press down into the bottom of the baking dish. *I double the crust sometimes because my kids like it thicker -this is not included in calories.
- In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, egg whites, all sugar, flour, vanilla extract and lemon juice, just until all ingredients are combined into a smooth cheesecake batter.
- Spread cheesecake batter over the crust in the baking dish and bake 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Cool to room temperature on a wire rack before refrigerating at least one hour before serving. Slice into 12 squares and serve garnished with fresh fruit if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 7 gram(s)
Fat: 3 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 12 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U