Recipe: Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
When the weather starts to cool, I like to start warming up my breakfast a bit. I often do a bowl of oats, but I get bored of that easily. I wanted to find something new so I decided to make a breakfast quinoa. I’m a sucker for apple crisp, which inspired me to take a cinnamon apple twist on this recipe. I used my favorite dried apples from Trader Joe’s, but you can use chopped fresh apples too, just make sure you microwave them a bit to soften them. It’s the perfect warm bowl of winter-y goodness to get your day going. Plus, it’s loaded with plant-based protein from the quinoa and pumpkin seeds!
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp agave
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apples
- 2 tsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Boil the quinoa and water in a small saucepan. Once boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and let it cook with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cooked quinoa from heat and stir in remaining ingredients
- Separate into two bowls and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2
Protein: 5 gram(s)
Fat: 5 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 37 gram(s)
Fiber: 5 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U