Recipe: Creamy Avocado Salsa
This Creamy Avocado Salsa is Fiesta worthy! A wonderful and nutritious combination of salsa, guacamole, and sour cream makes a zesty dip. I guess you can call it an all-in-one 3-layer dip. Perfect appetizer to make before your next fiesta or any meal. The Greek yogurt adds a rich creamy texture without the added fat of sour cream. Great with blue corn chips, or fresh veggies to dip with!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt, drained of excess liquid
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced, and drained of excess liquid
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.
- Serve with vegetables, baked pita chips, or multi-grain tortilla chips.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 5 gram(s)
Fat: 4 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 7 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U