Recipe: Creamy Turmeric Golden Milk
Turmeric has so many health benefits and yet unless you’re making curry every night, it can be hard to include in your diet. Until now. This deliciously creamy golden milk combines silky cashew milk with turmeric and other warming spices (like cinnamon!) for a decadently smooth drink you can make in less than 5 minutes.
Golden Milk Bennefits
Need more convincing on why you should be adding turmeric to your diet? Here are several health benefits of this amazing spice:
- It’s an anti-inflammatory
- It’s an effective treatment for IBD
- It contains powerful antioxidants
- It can provide relief for rheumatoid arthritis
- It’s been touted as a cancer preventative
- It fights against cardiovascular disease
- It lowers cholesterol
- It protects against Alzheimer’s disease
- It supports improved brain function and lowers risk of brain disease
Give this drink a try and we know you’ll adding turmeric to your diet on a regular basis.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 6-8 oz. unsweetened cashew milk (almond milk or dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pour milk into a mug and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Microwave until warm taking out every 30 seconds and whisking until spices dissolve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 mug
Protein: 1 gram(s)
Fat: 2 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 7 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 5 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Ann on December 26, 2020 at 9:29 AM
I have tried golden milk for my joint pain in my knees and I do believe it had lessened my pain. I haven’t tried cashew milk, I will try that. I have also added some grated ginger.
Trudie Strickland on January 5, 2017 at 1:41 PM
My husband and I have osteoarthritis and now rheumatoid so bad and someone told me about using turmeric and this golden milk recipe to help relieve pain in joints and stiffness. We have stopped taking ibuprofen for days ago and cannot hardly walk the pain is so bad will this truly help before I go and Get ingredients for this thank you so much using voice activator hope the words are spelled correctly ?