Recipe: Creamy Turmeric Golden Milk
Turmeric has so many health benefits and yet unless you’re making curry every night, it can be hard to include in your diet. Until now. This deliciously creamy golden milk combines silky cashew milk with turmeric and other warming spices (like cinnamon!) for a decadently smooth drink you can make in less than 5 minutes.
Need more convincing on why you should be adding turmeric to your diet? Here are several health benefits of this amazing spice:
- It’s an anti-inflammatory
- It’s an effective treatment for IBD
- It contains powerful antioxidants
- It can provide relief for rheumatoid arthritis
- It’s been touted as a cancer preventative
- It fights against cardiovascular disease
- It lowers cholesterol
- It protects against Alzheimer’s disease
- It supports improved brain function and lowers risk of brain disease
Give this drink a try and we know you’ll adding turmeric to your diet on a regular basis.
Total Time:5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 6-8 oz. unsweetened cashew milk (almond milk or dairy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pour milk into a mug and whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Microwave until warm taking out every 30 seconds and whisking until spices dissolve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 mug
Protein: 1 gram(s)
Fat: 2 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 7 gram(s)
Fiber: 1 gram(s)
Sugar: 5 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U