Recipe: Crispy Baked Chicken Fingers
These homemade crispy baked chicken fingers are great on a salad, or served with your favorite dipping sauces. A perfect meal for kids and a easy recipe to make any day of the week! My all white meat chicken fingers are solid chicken vs. the chicken nuggets from a restaurant or store that are filled with a combination of chicken and other fillers. By creating our own crunchy coating vs. deep frying we reduce the fat and calories drastically without skimping on flavor. So go ahead and enjoy these guilt-free chicken fingers with reduced calories but increased flavor!
Total Time:40 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray large sheet pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, salt, pepper and onion powder.
- Place whole wheat bread crumbs in a separate bowl
- Slice chicken into 1/2 inch thick strips and then dip into yogurt mixture.
- Place each dipped strip of chicken into breadcrumbs and toss to fully coat. Place coated strips on greased baking sheet as you work.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until cutting into the thickest chicken finger reveals no pink.
- Serve immediately alongside your favorite dipping sauce
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 31 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 22 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U