Recipe: Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These easy chicken lettuce wraps are filled with a delicious and creamy curry chicken salad. The cashews add a nice, sweet crunch that offsets the stronger, spicier flavors of the curry powder! Lettuce makes a wonderful and low-carbohydrate substitution for white or even whole wheat wraps or bread. Skipping the bread in these wraps saves at least 100 calories making a delicious low-calorie meal.
Total Time:20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 2 cups shredded grilled chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large butter lettuce leaves, rinsed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, yogurt, celery, onions, cashews, curry powder, salt, and pepper to create a Curry Chicken Salad.
- Lay out lettuce leaves and scoop an equal amount of the chicken salad into the center of each leaf.
- Starting at one end, roll the stuffed lettuce leaves into a wrap, placing seam-side down to hold together. Serve chilled.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 59 gram(s)
Fat: 64 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 10 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U