Recipe: Egg Salad BLT with Goat Cheese
Simple sandwiches are always a good go-to for lunch and this recipe combines two of our favorite things: egg salad and a BLT! Plus, we’ve minimized the mayo content typically found in egg salad and added tangy goat cheese for a fun twist. This sandwich is loaded with protein and totally satisfying for a healthy workday or weekend lunch.
Total Time:10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped into small pieces
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayo (we like Primal Kitchen or Hampton Creek)
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Cut or mash hard boiled eggs into small chunks and place in medium bowl.
- Mix in bacon pieces, goat cheese, mayo, lemon zest and salt/pepper to taste.
- Spread on bread slices and top with lettuce and tomato slices.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 sandwich
Protein: 16 gram(s)
Fat: 22 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 27 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
Sugar: 6 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U