Recipe: Farro Green Energy Salad
This Farro Green Energy Salad is hearty and delicious! Farro is a great source of whole grain because it breaks down slowly and is known to boost immunity. I serve this salad as a full meal, but it makes a great side dish as well. There are so many yummy ingredients your taste buds will be doing a happy dance with every bite! From sweet to savory I packed this salad with nutrition super foods like kale, broccoli, almonds and tons of other energizing ingredients so this tasty dish will be fuel you with vitamins, antioxidants, and flavor!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 head of kale washed, stems removed, and chopped
- 1 head of broccoli washed, heads removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 container cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups farro rinsed and cooked according to the direction on the package, and chilled
- 1 yellow pepper cleaned and sliced
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- Cook 1 1/2 cups of farro according to the directions on the box and chill.
- While the farro is cooking wash and prep the other salad ingredients.
- Once farro has cooled combine all the vegetables in with the farro in a large mixing bowl. (omit the almonds and parmesan cheese)
- In a separate bowl combine extra virgin olive oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, Dijon mustard, water, and honey. Mix well and dress the salad.
- Sprinkle the top of the salad with 4 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese and sliced almonds.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 6 generous servings
429 calories, 19 grams of fat, 10 grams protein, 40 carbs
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U