Recipe: Fresh Fruit Pizza
This Fresh Fruit Pizza with oatmeal cookie crust is a healthy and delicious dessert that is a family favorite. This fresh recipe is full of color, vitamins, and it’s the perfect sweet treat for any picnic, barbecue, or holiday. Plus, this healthy recipe is easy to whip together in a hurry! The crust is chewy and naturally sweetened by the banana. You can easily make this healthy dessert gluten-free, and even dairy free by using coconut whipped cream vs. cream cheese. If you want a crispier, darker crust, honey works really good with the banana and oats and makes the crust a but sweeter too.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
- 1 1/2 cups oats (gluten-free options work well)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour of your choice like rice flour)
- 3 ripe, meduim sized mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional - will make a crispier, darker crust)
- Cream Cheese Spread
- 8 oz cream cheese or coconut whipped cream for a dairy-free option
- 1 tablespoon reduced sugar jam (Strawberry is featured in this recipe)
- Fruit of choice!
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Mix oats, flour, bananas and honey (if using) in a bowl.
- Spread out mixture on a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake dough in oven for 15-20 minutes. Crust may be chewy without honey (but it's still delicious!).
- While dough is baking, place cream cheese into a medium sized bowl. Stir in jam until cream cheese becomes a tinted red color.
- Let dough cool for 15-20 minutes on cooling rack. Once dough is completely cooled, spread cream cheese mixture on dough and place fruit on top along with shredded coconut.
- Slice pizza with pizza cutter in to 15 even slices.
- Fresh fruit pizza will keep in fridge 2-3 days.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 slice
Protein: 4 gram(s)
Fat: 7 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 31 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
Sugar: 17 gram(s)
*You may use any other sweetener for the cream cheese spread such as honey, powder sugar or stevia. You may top your pizza with any fruit of choice!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U