Recipe: Garlic Shrimp on Yellow Squash Noodles
One of my favorite things about using my vegetable spiralizer is trying new veggie combinations. I have had soups with celery root A.K.A Celeriac but had never cooked with it myself. Don’t judge a book by it’s cover. This rather unattractive veggie is lower in carbs than potatoes and has a nice subtle delicious nutty flavor. In this recipe I used beautiful shrimp cooked in garlic, and dill on a bed of yellow squash and celery root noodles. This meal is simple, light, and really tasty. The textures of these two veggies when sliced with blade #3 creates soft ribbons of veggie noodles that make the perfect nest for this savory shrimp recipe.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 4 yellow squash peeled
- 1 celeriac root (celery root) peeled
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ½ pt cherry tomatoes (approx. 10)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lb peeled devined shrimp with tails removed
- Trim ends of summer squash and celery root and spiralize veggies using blade #3 to create ribbon like veggie noodles.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and sautee garlic, onion, salt, pepper, spiralized squash and celery root for approx 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice, tomatoes, water, and crushed red pepper. Cook another 3-5 minutes until shrimp are cooked and plate on two plates. Garnish with extra dill.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2
444 calories, 14 grams of fat, 52 grams of protein, 29 grams carbs, 6 grams fiber
*I use the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U