Recipe: Golden Cauliflower with Sage
Side Dish Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
Cauliflower, like its close relative broccoli, is one of the healthiest foods on the planet. While it is high in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants, and calcium, I think my favorite thing about cauliflower is how well it can absorb flavors like the sage in this dish. This recipe is a play on an Italian way of preparing ravioli; only instead, it is made into a side dish by substituting cauliflower in place of the ravioli. The cauliflower, sautéed in butter and sage, actually caramelizes and takes on a wonderful, almost nutty flavor. You can also make this dish with a mixture of regular and purple cauliflower for a really beautiful presentation.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut cauliflower into tiny florets, each about the size of a quarter, discarding the large stem.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet cover medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add cauliflower is well browned all the way around.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally until cauliflower is well browned all the way around.
- Stir water and sage into the pan and continue sautéing until water has almost completely evaporated.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and garlic powder and remove pan from heat. Serve immediately.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Leave a Comment