Recipe: Grilled Chicken Parmesan
Let’s face it Chicken Parmesan is delicious! Unfortunately, this yummy meal can run you over 1,500 calories per serving. My skinny version of this Italian classic is even tastier than traditional recipes. Cooking the chicken on the grill or in a grill pan sears in flavor and keeps the chicken juicy! Broiling the cheese 3-4 minutes after the chicken is cooked makes sure your cheese is bubbly and melted completely. A delicious dish and perfectly balanced meal served with a green salad, and a side of whole wheat pasta. So make this dish tonight for ones you love and have a delicious dinner in only 30 minutes, now that’s Amore!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 4- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- You can add whole wheat pasta as a side if you like.
- Lightly oil grill, or indoor grill pan.
- Rub chicken breasts with olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place seasoned chicken breasts onto grill and cook 4-6 minutes per side, or until slicing into thickest part of chicken reveals no pink.
- Preheat broiler to high. Transfer grilled chicken breasts to a sheet pan or cookie sheet and cover each chicken breast with a spoonful of spaghetti sauce.
- Cut each slice of provolone in half and sandwich a basil leaf in between the two halves. Place atop of each chicken breast. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Broil 3-4 minutes, just until cheese is bubbly, and beginning to brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 4
305 calories, 13 grams of fat, 44.5 grams of protein, 3 carbs, and .5 grams fiber. Adding 1 cup of whole wheat pasta will add approximately 176 calories 7 grams protein >1 gram fat, 37 carbs and 6 grams of fiber .