Recipe: Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal
There is something so deliciously comforting about carrot cake. The nuttiness of pecans, the sweetness of cinnamon and raisins, it’s a perfect combination of flavors. And now you can have it for breakfast with this super easy, super filling carrot cake oatmeal. This breakfast comes together in minutes and is a great way to start the day. With 6g of fiber per serving, this recipe is sure to fill you up and delight your tastebuds will real carrot cake flavor.
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For serving
- Milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Maple syrup (about 1 tablespoon)
- Shred carrot using a box grater and set aside in small bowl to bring to room temperature.
- Bring water to a boil. In a small bowl, combine oats with cinnamon, pumpkin spice and vanilla. Add to boiling water and simmer about 3-5 minutes. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Divide oatmeal into 2 bowls and top with a shredded carrot, splash of milk, pecans, coconut, raisins and maple syrup.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 7 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 46 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 17 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U