Recipe: Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal
There is something so deliciously comforting about carrot cake. The nuttiness of pecans, the sweetness of cinnamon and raisins, it’s a perfect combination of flavors. And now you can have it for breakfast with this super easy, super filling carrot cake oatmeal. This breakfast comes together in minutes and is a great way to start the day. With 6g of fiber per serving, this recipe is sure to fill you up and delight your tastebuds will real carrot cake flavor.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For serving
- Milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Maple syrup (about 1 tablespoon)
- Shred carrot using a box grater and set aside in small bowl to bring to room temperature.
- Bring water to a boil. In a small bowl, combine oats with cinnamon, pumpkin spice and vanilla. Add to boiling water and simmer about 3-5 minutes. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Divide oatmeal into 2 bowls and top with a shredded carrot, splash of milk, pecans, coconut, raisins and maple syrup.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Protein: 7 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 46 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 17 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U