Recipe: Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte
It’s that time of the year again… the Pumpkin Spice Latte is back on the market! Coffee shops everywhere are offering this delicious fall favorite. Two of my most-loved foods in the world are pumpkin and coffee. The classic pumpkin latte from your favorite barista has high fructose corn syrup, calories, caramel coloring, and artificial flavors… YIKES! This recipe is delicious and way better for you. I wanted to see if I could make a healthy version, so I played around in my kitchen and here’s what I came up with! This healthy recipe is way better than the coffee shop variety, simple and costs very little to make!
Total Time:5 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 shots espresso or 1 cup strong coffee
- Heat pumpkin in a small saucepan until bubbly.
- Add in pumpkin pie spice, black pepper, agave, vanilla extract and almond milk. Stir to mix everything together.
- Pour in espresso or coffee.
- Serve into mugs and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 mug
Protein: 2 gram(s)
Fat: 3 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 20 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U