Recipe: Lavender Honey Iced Coffee (paleo-friendly)
There’s nothing better than an iced latte in the scorching heat of summer. In the winter, we love warm peppermint mochas and pumpkin spice lattes, but that’s a little too rich for the heat. This time of year, we’re opting for a Lavender Honey Iced Latte. This drink is light, floral and best of all, dairy-free and refined-sugar-free to keep it healthy and indulgent at the same time! Give this easy recipe a go for the perfect summer drink!
RELATED: How to Make Your Own Almond Milk
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups filtered walter, plus more soaking
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender
- 4-8 shots espresso*
- Soak raw almonds in filtered water overnight, just enough so that all of the almonds are covered. Store on the counter or in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, place water-rich almonds and 4 cups of filtered water in a high-speed blender.
- Add 2 teaspoons dried culinary lavender and 2 tablespoons raw honey to the blender.
- Blend ingredients on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain lavender honey flavored almond milk from pulp, using a nut milk bag or layered cheesecloth.
- Add 4-8 shots of espresso to the strained almond milk, depending on how many shots you prefer in a latte.*
- Pour over four glasses with ice.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 glass of iced coffee, with 1-2 shots of espresso in each glass
Protein: 1 gram(s)
Fat: 3 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 9 gram(s)
Sugar: 8 gram(s)
*We like the Vanilio Nespresso pods, but you can use any kind of espresso that you like. Use 8 shots for 2 shots of espresso in each glass or 4 shots for 1 shot of espresso in each glass.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U