Recipe: Lemon and Basil Chicken Veggie Kebabs
This easy lemon and basil chicken veggie kebab recipe is a snap to make and absolutely mouth watering! Chicken is often times dried out and bland when cooked on the grill. This healthy marinade takes only a few minutes to make and adds tons of flavor to this dish while keeping the chicken juicy and moist. Add on whatever vegetables you like to the kebabs and serve with a mixed green side salad or fresh strawberry quinoa salad.
Total Time:80 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, split lengthwise and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 16 small cherry tomatoes
- 8 (12-inch) bamboo skewers
- Combine oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, soy sauce, and basil in a large bowl. Stir in chicken, bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
- After chicken and vegetables have been marinating for 1½ hours, soak skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat your grill to high heat cooking or grill pan until it's very hot.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until chicken is nicely marked and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve right away.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 4
360 calories, 33 grams protein, 17 grams fat, 9 grams carbs, 2 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U