Recipe: Lemon and Tarragon Whitefish
This light recipe for golden brown fish fillets in a butter, tarragon, and lemon sauce is made with white wine for an acidity that perfectly complements the fish. This recipe is a quick and delicious healthy meal. The fish is a lean protein to help repair muscles and the lemon is rich in vitamin-C offering disinfectant qualities to cleanse your stomach and boost immunity!
-From the Kitchen of Chris Freytag
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds whitefish fillets (tilapia, cod, halibut, etc.)
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
2. Pat fish dry with paper towels and season lightly with salt and pepper.
3. Add seasoned fish to the hot pan and sear until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. The fish is done when it easily flakes with a fork. Remove from pan and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
4. Whisk white wine, lemon juice, and minced garlic into the pan to start the sauce. Let simmer 2 minutes before adding tarragon and lemon zest. Let simmer 1 additional minute.
5. Remove sauce from heat and stir in butter, salt, and pepper. Toss fish in sauce before serving drizzled with additional sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
Fat: 5g Protein: 32g Carbs: 1.5g Fiber 0