Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper and Hummus Wraps
This creamy low-fat roasted red pepper hummus wrap with fresh toppings is full of flavor and has a satisfying crunch! It’s a great vegetarian lunch or easy dinner idea paired with soup. Hummus is made from garbanzo beans which are a great source of fiber. The combo of veggies, whole grains, and beans will give you energy and keep you fueled with this tasty wrap!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pine nuts on a sheet pan and bake for 5-6 minutes, tossing half way through. Cook just until the pine nuts are golden brown (toasted) and very fragrant.
- Lay out the whole wheat tortillas and spread the entire surface of each with 2 tablespoons of the hummus.
- Sprinkle pine nuts down one side of each tortilla and the top with an equal amount of all the remaining ingredients, keeping everything to that same side.
- Roll the filled tortilla up into wraps and slice in half to serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 8 gram(s)
Fat: 15 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 30 gram(s)
Fiber: 7 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U