Recipe: Mediterranean Breakfast Pita
This Mediterranean Breakfast Pita is one of my favorite “Brinner” recipes! Yes Brinner…breakfast for dinner. On those nights where your exhausted and need something quick this is a healthy and delicious meal that just takes a few minutes. You could add in whatever ingredients you like in an egg scramble or omelet, but I love this combo! An easy low-carb meal filled with protein and tons of fresh vegetable flavors.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 of a whole wheat pita bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 5-8 spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the pita in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Scramble eggs in a separate bowl, then add olive oil to a heated pan. Start to scramble eggs, after eggs become slightly cooked and more solid add in the spinach and tomatoes until eggs and veggies are full cooked.
- Add the cooked veggie and eggs into the toasted pita and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of feta cheese on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. A little crushed red pepper is good too for a little heat!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 filled pita half
Protein: 20 gram(s)
Fat: 14 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U