Recipe: Mu Shu Beef Lettuce Wraps
Whenever I’m at an asian restaurant, I always order lettuce wraps. I just love how flavorful the spiced meat is, and wrapping it up in lettuce keeps it low-carb. It’s great for portion control too, because you can only fit so much meat into one lettuce leaf.
This recipe is the perfect way to make my favorite asian dish at home. Not to mention, this recipe is way healthier than the one that you would order at a restaurant. Saving money, and calories at the same time! Total win-win!
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat free beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup sliced bok choy
- 3 tbsp minced ginger root
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 8 bibb lettuce leaves
- Cook ground beef in a skillet with onion and beef broth until no longer pink.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Saute peppers, bean sprouts, bok choy, ginger and garlic in the same pan until crisp-tender.
- Add hoisin, soy sauce, salt, pepper and beef to skillet. Combine until everything is coated and warmed.
- Serve in bibb lettuce.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U