Recipe: North Shore Chicken Salad
I love anything overflowing with veggies, so this North Shore chicken salad is right up my alley! Plus, the salad is topped with an addicting combo of Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, and rice vinegar. The recipe calls for wild rice, but if you don’t have time to cook it yourself, you can use canned and the results will be the same!
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 ounces snow peas, chopped
- 1-2 avocados, cubed
- 1 cup pecan halves (toasted, optional)
- For the dressing
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Prepare wild rice according to package directions.
- While the rice is cooking, whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook chicken breasts on the stovetop or in the oven until cooked through, then cube.
- Toss wild rice, cut up chicken, green onions, snow peas and avocado in a large bowl.
- Add dressing, toss together and top with pecans.