Recipe: Homemade “Nutella” Protein Bites
Oh, Nutella. That magical hazelnut chocolate spread that is oh-so-addicting. Too bad it’s chock full of sugar (over 5 tsp per serving) and fat (from palm kernel oil)! The good news is we’ve taken this decadent household favorite taste and recreated it ourselves. Now you can savor that chocolatey hazelnut flavor without worrying about your waistline. These little energy bites are perfect before a workout, or for a mid-day snack to keep you energy levels up. They are just the right sweetness and even good for dessert! They can be made with any protein powder you’d like, but I personally used Vanilla BiPro because it’s my favorite.
These are full of healthy stuff like cacao powder-full of antioxidants, magnesium and iron. I suggest covering them in the refrigerator to keep them from drying out … just don’t plan on having them for long because they are YUMMY!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- Refrigerate balls for a few hours to firm up.
- Cover them in the fridge to keep them from drying out.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Per ball: Calories: 124 Carbs: 8g Fat: 8g Protein: 6g Fiber: 4g
Recipe Cuisine: American
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U