Recipe: Nutty Espresso Blended Frappe
This page may contain affiliate links, meaning at no additional cost to you, Get Healthy U may receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Coffee makes the world go round, am I right? And this super yummy nutty espresso blended frappe is packed with superfoods like cacao powder and chia seeds to make your afternoon coffee break way better for you. Plus, it uses almond butter for a decadent nuttiness, a scoop of protein powder to give you that little extra “umph” you need to make it through your day, and 2 shots of delicious Dulsão de Brasil espresso from www.gourmesso.co.uk (about 1 shot per serving). And it the simple divineness of this taste isn’t enough to convince you to sip it down, check out all the awesome health benefits it has to offer:
- Chia seeds give you fiber, protein, omega-3s, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and antioxidants.
- Cacao powder gives you antioxidants, iron, magnesium, calcium and naturally boosts your mood.
- Almond butter gives you calcium, copper, vitamin E, magnesium, healthy fats and fiber.
- Protein powder (we use BiPro) gives you 20 grams of protein per serving.
- Espresso helps you wake up & be alert! 🙂
This drink makes two servings, but if you don’t feel like sharing, it makes for a great meal replacement drink thanks to the protein powder and clocks in at only 494 calories.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 shots Dulsão de Brasil espresso (or other Gourmesso espresso)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 8 (or so) ice cubes
- Brew espresso and put in fridge to cool.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Serve over additional ice if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Protein: 11 gram(s)
Fat: 13 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 25 gram(s)
Fiber: 6 gram(s)
Sugar: 11 gram(s)
Recipe Cuisine: Italian
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U