Recipe: Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
You might think this easy recipe is more fitting for dessert than breakfast, but when it’s this nutritious, it’s a great way to start your day. Prep the three-ingredient recipe the night before and you’ll be all set to go for the morning. The chia seeds will thicken the whole mixture into a pudding-like texture, plus, the base is so simple that you can add whatever mix-ins you’d like. I prefer fresh raspberries to put on top in the morning, but you can try anything from unsweetened coconut to granola.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 to 1.5 cups chocolate cashew milk (depending on desired thickness; the less milk, the thicker it will be)
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- Dash of sea salt
- Optional Toppings
- Blueberries or Raspberries
- Slivered almonds
- Whipped cream
- Unsweentened coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips
- Combine three ingredients in a bowl or glass and stir together until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until thickened.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/2 of pudding mixture
Protein: 7 gram(s)
Fat: 8 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 24 gram(s)
Fiber: 11 gram(s)
Sugar: 12 gram(s)
*Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration. Additional toppings not included in calorie count.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U