Recipe: Pumpkin Kale Curry
I’m a total pumpkin lover, and I’m crazy for kale! So I figured, why not throw two of my favorites into a delicious easy and healthy recipe? This dish is so simple, and very easy to whip up when you’re in a hurry. The flavors in this bowl are savory and comforting, but it’s still nutritionally packed with vitamins and protein. I used tempeh, and crumbled it up to create a sort of “mock” ground meat. However, feel free to use any ground meat you want in this! Next time, I think I’m going to give ground turkey a go. So many options to play with! Plus the whole meal is only around 200 calories. Total score!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp corriander
- 1 tsp chopped fresh sage or 1/4 tsp powdered sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ground tempeh or meat of choice
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 3 cups chopped kale
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium sauce pan until melted. Then sauté the pumpkin with the spices for a couple of minutes.
- Next stir in the tempeh or ground meat and cook until it starts to brown
- Add in the chickpeas and sauté for another 3-5 minutes
- Finish by adding in the kale and cooking until it wilts
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2
209 calories, 8.5 grams protein, 8.5 grams fat, 24.5 carbs, 5 grams fiber