Recipe: Purple Rain Smoothie
Team Get Healthy U came up with this delicious smoothie filled with blueberries and cranberries which are low-glycemic fruits and packed with nourishing antioxidants. We added Chia seeds for Omega 3’s, cinnamon for anti-inflammatory, and almond butter for magnesium, protein, and a yummy texture. We think this smoothie is perfect, and out of this world delicious! We are all huge Prince fans and play his music in the office constantly. No better name for this smoothie than, “Purple Rain” to honor our local artist and legend Prince Rogers Nelson who added so much flavor to Minneapolis and the world!
If you want more healthy smoothie recipes, check out our smoothie recipe category filled with delicious and creative smoothies that are super easy to make.
Total Time: 3 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop protein powder (we use unflavored but vanilla works too)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 shakes of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 cup almond milk
- Add ice cubes if you want a thicker consistency
- Add all ingredients to your blender or smoothie maker and blend.
- Add in additional ice to create a thicker consistency.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 19 gram(s)
Fat: 16 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 34 gram(s)
Fiber: 9 gram(s)
Sugar: 19 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U