Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds are such an easy and healthy snack to make. This homemade snack recipe is healthier than greasy chips and offers a nice salty crunch. Plus this recipe is family friendly, so get those kiddos to work, they love seeding the pumpkin and seeing the finished product they can munch on.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1½ cups pumpkin seeds (removed from 2 sugar pumpkins)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grind sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the seeds from a sugar pumpkin and clean them thoroughly. You want to remove all the stringy pumpkin bits.
- Simmer the seeds in a pot of gently boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain the seeds and pat dry with a clean cloth.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a bowl and cover evenly with olive oil. Add the seasoning mixture and stir to coat
- Place the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, stirring every five minutes. They're done when they're nice and crispy, but not brown.
- Remove the seeds from the oven and let them cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Protein: 10 gram(s)
Fat: 15 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
In .25 cup serving of seeds 180 calories, 9.7 grams protein, 15 grams of fat, 2 grams of fiber
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U
Leave a Comment