Recipe: Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Kale Salad with Apples, Gorgonzola & Candied Pecans
Salad Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes
PHOTO CREDIT: AmbitiousKitchen.com
We are so obsessed with this shredded Brussels sprouts & kale salad with apples, gorgonzola and candied pecans at Get Healthy U that it’s all we’re talking about. This salad is incredible! If you aren’t a huge Brussels sprout or kale fan this healthy salad loaded with goodies will change your mind. Each bite is like a taste explosion. Make sure to let the salad marinate a few hours per the directions, and wow your friends and family with this healthy recipe.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (can sub honey or maple syrup)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, loose leaves removed and thinly shredded
- 1 bunch of tuscan kale, stems removed and leaves finely chopped into ribbons
- 2 medium apples, cored and thinly sliced (I've been loving SweeTango apples)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- OPTIONAL: 4 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
Nutrition Information Per Serving
From the kitchen of: Ambitious Kitchen
Cindy jewell on May 28, 2018 at 9:06 PM
Just made this recipe. LOVE it! My new favorite salad.
StephanieF on November 24, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Made it for our Thanksgiving feast yesterday and it was wonderful! Wasn't sure about "shredding" the sprouts so just tossed them in the food processor for a few seconds - perfect! Will be adding this to the regular rotation.