Recipe: Single-Serve Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
Yes, you heard it right. A single-serving deep dish chocolate chip cookie that’s also gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. I think everyone experiences that moment of weakness, late at night, when you just want something sweet. And what better than a recipe that only makes one, guilt-free cookie? It would also be a fun project for you and some friends to each create your own personalized cookie. Heck, replace chocolate chips and nut butter with M&M’s and peanut butter if that’s your thing! This is a great recipe for a portion controlled dessert, and the ingredients are flexible to suit many dietary restrictions. So go ahead, treat yourself!
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 2 teaspoons smooth almond or cashew butter*
- 1 tablespoon mild-tasting honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut flour**
- Pinch of baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sprinkling of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a ramekin or small, rimmed dish, put the nut butter, honey, coconut sugar, and vanilla in the preheated oven, until just melted.
- Remove from oven and stir to combine.
- Stir in flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Smooth dough to the edges of the dish.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and lightly press into dough.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on your size dish.
- Eat warm and enjoy with a rom-com and your favorite blanket.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 6 gram(s)
Fat: 13 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 32 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
Sugar: 27 gram(s)
**Tip: I like to use cashew butter because it has the most neutral flavor. If you want to use peanut butter/sunbutter, that's fine, it will just be a "peanut butter" chocolate chip cookie. **If you don't have coconut flour, don't sweat, just add an extra 1 1/2 teaspoons of almond flour. I like using coconut flour because it helps absorb some of the moisture. ***Replace honey with maple syrup and be sure to use carob chips or Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips to make this recipe vegan.
From the kitchen of: Chris Freytag