Recipe: Skinny Gingerbread Cupcakes With Icing
Everyone loves gingerbread and holidays sweets! These skinny gingerbread cupcakes with cream cheese icing have all the flavors of the full fat recipes and weigh in at well under 300 calories. These cupcakes are the perfect size portion for a delicious holiday treat. The rich cream cheese icing cuts the calories and keeps that nice creamy texture that I love!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 12 serving(s)
- 1/3 cup sugar (or 1/4 cup if you're looking for less!)
- 1/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 cupcake papers
- For the Vanilla Icing
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with 12 cupcake papers.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter in a mixing bowl and beat with mixer on high for 3 minutes until blended.
- Add 1 egg and 1/4 cup molasses and beat again until mixed well.
- Add in flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla into the mixing bowl and stir well blending all the ingredients.
- Spoon batter into cupcake papers about 2/3 full and bake for approx 25 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of the cupcakes and it comes out clean. Take cupcakes out and let cool 20 minutes before frosting.
- For icing, add cream cheese, vanilla and salt to a medium mixing bowl and blend with mixer until ingredients are combined.
- Add in powdered sugar gradually with the mixer blending on low until icing is mixed.
- Once cupcakes have cooled use a spoon to ice the cupcakes.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Protein: 3 gram(s)
Fat: 6 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 33 gram(s)
Fiber: 4 gram(s)
Sugar: 19 gram(s)
*Nutrition information is based off of half the cream cheese frosting amount. There will be leftover frosting. We only used about half of it.