Recipe: Skinny Lasagna Cupcakes
Get ready to be floored! These lasagna cupcakes are easy to make and taste amazing! Weighing in at 308 calories for 5 lasagna cupcakes this will easily become your new favorite Italian meal but much lighter and healthier. These skinny cupcakes made with wonton wrappers are filled with seasoned veggies, sauce and gooey cheese. I love that these are a perfect handheld snack or meal with a vegetarian or non-vegetarian option. It’s the perfect appetizer or entree for entertaining.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 24 serving(s)
- Optional: 1 pound ground beef
- 48 wonton wrappers
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, washed and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 8 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, divided
- 9 leaves fresh basil, chopped & divided
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmasan cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray two muffin tins with cooking spray.
- If using ground beef, saute until cooked through in a skillet while you cut the veggies. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat butter on medium heat, add chopped zucchini, onion, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning and cook 5 minutes. Add garlic and sautè 1 additional minute.
- Drain the cooked vegetables and let cool in strainer. Then line each muffin tin (24) with 1 wonton wrapper.
- Place ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl and add 3 tbsp mozzarella cheese, 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, 6 leaves chopped basil, nutmeg, salt, pepper, and mix together.
- Scoop 1 tbsp of vegetable mixture into each muffin tin, top with 1/2 tbsp of ricotta mixture. Then add another wonton to each muffin tin pressing down mixture and making sure that the wonton corners are staggered.
- Next add 1/2 tbsp veggies, 1 tbsp marinara sauce, and top with 1 tsp shredded mozzarella.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 16 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Let the lasagna cupcakes cool 3 minutes then remove from tins. Top with additional basil if desired.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 3 cupcakes
Protein: 23 gram(s)
Fat: 14 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 28 gram(s)
Fiber: 2 gram(s)
Sugar: 3 gram(s)
Saturated Fat: 5 gram(s)
Without ground beef, 233 cal, 8 g fat, 28 g carb, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 11 g protein.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U