Recipe: Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
A little sassy and a little sweet, these healthy Southwestern Meatloaf Muffins made in a muffin tin are easy to make and devour! I wrapped these delicious morsels in tin foil after cooking, so you avoid those sticky fingers. Packed with fresh veggies, black beans, and protein, this meatloaf muffin recipe is very healthy! Great as a family dinner or even a snack when you’re in a rush. The meatloaf muffins keep really well in the fridge for 3-4 days, so they are great to have on hand for those nights you don’t want to cook.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1.5 lbs of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 can of corn drained
- 1/2 can of black beans drained
- 3 tbsp chopped yellow pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1- 4 oz can of green chillis (medium spice if you have a choice)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 3 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground turkey, corn, black beans, yellow pepper, red onion, green chillis, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, egg, and mix well using hands or a large spoon.
- In a separate mixing cup combine bbq sauce and ketchup.
- Add in 1/2 the bbq/ketchup mixture to meatloaf and mix well.
- Fill up muffin tins with meatloaf mixture, approx a full 3/4 of a cup per tin. Should fill 12 tins.
- Cook meatloaf muffins for 30 minutes, and then add on additional sauce to the tops of the muffins and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Let cool 3-5 minutes and use a butter knife around the edges of the meatloaf muffins to loosen if need be. I wrap in tin foil so they are ready to go!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 4
3 muffins|417 calories, 37 grams of protein, 14 grams of fat, 37 grams carbs, 4 grams fiber, 21 grams sugar.
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U