Recipe: Spinach and Feta Stuffed Turkey Burgers
It’s no secret that turkey burgers have a tendency to dry out, but stuffing them with spinach and feta cheese is a pretty good way to solve that problem. As the moisture cooks out of the spinach, it has nowhere else to go but into the burgers, keeping them nice and juicy. This delicious, juicy turkey burger recipe is a perfect to spice up burger night! Plus this healthy, protein-packed recipe is bursting with flavor because it is full of natural herbs and spices. Delicious and nutritious all in one!
Total Time:32 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons finely minced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 whole wheat buns
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground turkey, yellow onion, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, folding together with your hands.
- Form ground turkey mixture into 8 thin patties.
- In a separate mixing bowl, fold together spinach, feta cheese, and minced garlic to create the burger filling.
- Place a heaping spoonful of the filling onto the center of 4 of the thin burger patties. Place the other 4 thin patties over top of the filling topped patties and press down around the edges, crimping to seal the filling inside. You should now have 4 stuffed burger patties.
- Oil and preheat a grill, indoor grill, or grill pan to high. Grill burgers for about 6 minutes on each side, or until cutting into one reveals no pink. Serve on whole wheat buns with your favorite burger fixings.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 burger
Protein: 27 gram(s)
Fat: 12 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 20 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U