Recipe: Stuffed Flank Steak
This spinach and parmesan cheese stuffed flank steak is rolled up and sliced into pinwheels for an awe-inspiring presentation. This is the perfect savory and healthy meat entertaining dish! Flank steak is a lean cut of red meat and high in protein. Spinach is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It also contains choline and inositol, which can help prevent hardening of the arteries.
Total Time: 37 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (9-ounce) bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 pound flank steak
- baking twine, soaked in water
- Place the 1 teaspoon olive oil, spinach, red bell pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a sauté pan over medium heat and sauté just until spinach cooks down. Drain extremely well of excess liquid. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Set oven rack in its highest position and preheat broiler to high. Line a heavy sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay flank steak on a cutting board with the grain of the steak running horizontally. Carefully
- Lay out 4 lengths of baking twin on the cutting board and then place the butterflied steak over top of them. Spread the spinach mixture over the top the entire surface of the steak.
- Roll steak into a long, tight pinwheel and tie baking twine to hold that shape. Rub the outside with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place on lined sheet pan and broil 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until a thermometer registers 145 degrees F for medium-rare (160 for medium-well). Cover and let rest 8 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 6
190 calories, 11 grams of fat, 19.5 grams of protein, 2 carbs
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U