Recipe: Summer Squash Pasta
Using zucchini or squash as your pasta is a delicious way to add vegetables to your diet. Not to mention, you can eat an ENORMOUS bowl of zucchini or squash noodles for the same number of calories as a small bowl of standard noodles. It also means that you can get fancy with the toppings, i.e. pine nuts, parmesan etc., if you are so inclined.
When I make zoodles (zucchini noodles), I use the Paderno Spiral Vegetable Slicer. By using zucchini noodles instead of normal pasta, like this recipe calls for, you save hundreds of calories and get an extra serving veggies!
Total Time:10 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup basil leaves, chiffonaded
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Pinch of salt
- Spiralize zucchini and summer squash (you can pick which noodle size you like!)
- Heat olive oil in a sautè pan and add noodles. Sautè until noodles are tender but not mushy.
- Add pesto and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat; add parmesan, basil, pine nuts and salt.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
Protein: 12 gram(s)
Fat: 33 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 7 gram(s)
Fiber: 3 gram(s)
Sugar: 4 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U