Recipe: Superfood Power Salad
This superfood power salad is filled with different greens to fuel you and fill you up! This blend of veggies is delicious and makes a beautiful side dish or healthy lunch. Just one serving of this salad has over 10 grams of protein and tons of vitamins to boost your energy. A great source of fiber and did I mention it’s scrumptious! The sweetness of the dried cherries balances the kale and cooked sprouts. Just a little fresh parmesan cheese will make this salad really burst with flavor! I really like this salad dressed with a light poppy seed or balsamic vinaigrette dressing, but you can use whatever you like.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
- 1 bunch of kale with stems removed and chopped
- 1/2 radicchio chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cherries chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 cups of brussels sprouts stems removed and sliced into pieces.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium sized pan heat olive oil and cook the brussels sprouts for about 5 minutes on medium heat so they are cooked yet firm.
- Let the brussels sprouts cool, while you mix the other ingredients. In a large bowl combine the kale, radicchio, dried cherries, and walnuts. Then combine brussels sprouts and toss in your favorite dressing.
- Garnish the top of the salad with freshly grated parmesan.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Serving Size: 2
189 calories, 8 grams of fat, 10 grams protein, 47 crabs, 8 fiber