Recipe: The Ultimate Greek Salad
I love a good Greek salad filled with tons of fresh veggies, Greek olives, and Feta cheese! This ultimate Greek salad is a no brainer, but every time I serve this, my friends ask for the recipe. I am almost embarrassed to hand it over because it is so easy to make! So here you go, my Ultimate Greek Salad filled with delicious Mediterranean flavors. Remember that Greek olives and olive oil are higher in fat, but it’s monounsaturated heart-healthy fats filled with nutrients your body needs. I like this salad as a side dish, but you could easily serve it as an entree. I like to omit the romaine lettuce and store this Greek salad in mason jars for easy lunches during the week. The other ingredients last a few days, and I just pour over a bed of lettuce for an instant lunch!
Yield: 6 serving(s)
- 1 head cauliflower (florets cut off head into bit size pieces)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes, chopped (leave whole if storing in fridge for a few days)
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 Greek olives, choped
- 5 mild pepperoncini peppers, chopped (stems removed)
- 4 tablespoons Feta cheese
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Wash and prep all of the vegetables and then layer in a bowl according to the ingredients list starting with the cauliflower on the bottom and finishing with the Feta cheese on the top. You can also mix all the salad ingredients together if you prefer.
- Make the salad dressing in a different bowl and whisk the ingredients well.
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the Greek salad and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Protein: 4 gram(s)
Fat: 17 gram(s)
Carbohydrates: 12 gram(s)
Sugar: 3 gram(s)
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U