Recipe: Thyme Balsamic Glazed Veggies with Greens and Quinoa
This vegan based recipe is full of flavor with the thyme, balsamic glaze and greens all included- you get the best of both worlds; sweet and savory! This is one of my daughters favorites as she is a vegetarian so we decided to make this and it turned out delicious! This recipe is full of protein, fiber and did I mention gluten-free? Everyone can enjoy this veggie friendly meal!
- 1 sweet potato
- Large handful of asparagus
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme, agave, salt and pepper to make a balsamic glaze.
- Rinse your sweet potato and chop into bite-sized pieces. (Sweet potatoes can roast a little longer than the asparagus).
- Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and cook on a greased baking sheet for about 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, rinse and chop the asparagus and red onion.
- Once your sweet potatoes have toasted a bit, take them out of the oven and toss in with the other veggies. Coat all the veggies in the balsamic glaze and spread back onto your baking sheet.
- Cook everything for another 15 minutes. With your veggies roasting, drain and rinse the quinoa and combine with a half-cup of water in a covered saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer for 15 minutes. After the quinoa and veggies are cooked, toss everything together with mixed greens.
*If you want to drizzle in a bit more olive oil and balsamic then, by all means, drizzle away. Serve warm!
From the kitchen of: Get Healthy U